The Tower of London, Madame Tussauds, the British Museum, St. Paul’s Cathedral, the double decker bus, drivers driving on the wrong side of the road — these are all the things that you would want to see when you’re in London. London is such a wonderful place to visit (I should know, because I have an aunt there) but of course, like any other place you would be visiting, you need to plan ahead to make the most of your time there and have your perfect London holiday.
- First thing to take care of is where to stay. If you are staying for a long period of time, it is best to rent an apartment because it will be much cheaper in the long run. But if you are only staying for a short period of time, it would be best to stay in central London to avoid wasting time in going to and fro the places you’re visiting to the place where you are staying. There are many Cheap london hotels and you’ll find one that will surely cater to your needs as a tourist.
- Check out the places you want to see. This way you will avoid wasting time getting lost and wandering around the city. London is really a great place for tourists because there are many places you can go to which are free like the British Library, British Museum, National Gallery, Natural History Museum, Museum of London, and Hyde Park. The only thing you need to do if you want to go there is to map out the direction and your itinerary.
- Of course, not everything you would want to see is free. You should get a London Pass to save up on entrance fees and transportation. It’s a tourist pass that will help you get around over 32 destinations like: Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, Ben Franklin House, and Britain at War Museum; plus it offers free public transportation.
- You cannot live on fish and chips alone and eat it three times a day for six days. Dining out on a holiday can be quite expensive, so you can either ask your hotel for restaurant recommendations or you can get a Taste Card, a diners card that offers discounts on various restaurants in London.
- Get on the bus! Use public transportation because it’s waay cheaper than taking those London cabs. Plus, this is your chance to try out that double decker bus!
- Don’t forget to go and get yourself into the theatre as London offers some of the world’s best theatres.
I have taken these tips to heart. All I need now is the budget for my trip which I’m still saving for.
176 total views, 7 views today